Friday, April 28, 2023

DAMAR HAMLIN'S STORY


This is a follow up to a blogpost I uploaded back in January
called The Humanity in Us.
In the post I talked about Damar Hamlin
who had a heart attack on the football field
in the middle of the game.
The response was uplifting!!
In these times when Mass Shootings have become the norm,
my heart is still warmed by Damar Hamlin's story.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇
UPDATE 4/25/23 ◼ Damar Hamlin isn’t going to let a heart attack (1/2/23) stop him from doing what he loves. During a press conference on Tuesday (4/18/23), Hamlin said he was diagnosed with commotio cordis and described the condition as "a direct blow to the chest at a specific point, causing cardiac arrest, and five to seven seconds later, you pass out." The 24-year-old NFL safety officially announced that he does plan to return to the NFL this next season.

“Over these last few months," he said. "I've been on a journey and I’ve seen some of the top professionals across the country and their answers to me were pretty much all the same. This event was life-changing, but it’s not the end of my story. So I’m here to announce I plan on making a comeback to the NFL.”

Go in peace.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove