Tuesday, May 02, 2023

WHERE'S MY ABUNDANCE?

Why must I live like a pauper,
when my Father is the King?

A pauper is a very poor person, destitute of the basic necessities of life.

Every beast of the forest belongs to God and all the cattle grazing on a thousand hills. He knows all the birds of the mountains, and the wild beasts of the field, all of it belong to Father God (Ps 50:10-11). He is my Father, and I am His daughter. Shouldn’t there be some sort of advantage for those whose Father is the King of kings? Even so, I continue to struggle from year to year and I'm still living in lack.

Am I stingy? Am I covetous? Am I greedy? Do I have not, because I’ve asked not? Are my desires evil and carnal? Am I asking amiss that I may spend it all on me, myself, and I? Am I jealous of others? Are my motives all wrong? Am I being pretentious, asking so I might look good in front of others? Why must I live like a pauper, when my Father is the King?

Psalm 23:1-2 (AMPC) The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.

John 10:10 (AMPC) The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

Is there something I’m supposed to be learning in this season of living like a pauper, because I don’t seem to be getting it? Jesus is the Good Shepherd who came so that the sheep may enjoy fresh, tender, green pasture, but I’m still grazing in dried up, withered pasture, and living in lack continually.

Isaiah 59:1 (NKJV) Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear.

James 1:12 (NKJV) Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Numbers 23:19-20 (NKJV) God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? Behold, I have received a command to bless; He has blessed, and I cannot reverse it.

1 Kings 8:56 (NKJV) Blessed be the LORD, who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. There has not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised through His servant Moses.

Habakkuk 2:3 (NKJV) For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Deuteronomy 28:2 (NKJV) And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God.

Matthew 7:11 (NKJV) If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

1 John 3:1 (NKJV) Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!

Don’t give up hope.

Romans 5:5 (NKJV) Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Heavenly Father, I pray that You will rebuke the spirit of poverty, and lift us out of it. Your rebuke dries up the sea and it makes the river a dried-up wilderness. We lift our eyes to the hills from which comes our help. Our help comes from You. Let Your word manifest in us, and lead us out of poverty into a life of abundance. In Jesus holy name we pray, Amen.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove