Thursday, February 02, 2023

OFFENDED WITH GOD

"not to harm you"

I have been guilty of being offended with God because He didn’t answer my prayers in the way that I thought He should. He didn’t come when I thought He should have and I was deeply offended at the way things worked out. But God, in Hs love and compassion, drew me back to Him and showered me with His love. He turned my situations around. He renewed my faith and resurrected my confidence in Him.

I am reminded of the death of Lazarus of Bethany in John 11:1-44. His sisters, Mary and Martha, had sent a message to Jesus but He delayed in coming and Lazarus died. Four days later, Jesus finally showed up. Both Mary and Martha said, “Lord, if You had been here our brother wouldn’t have died.” (John 11:21, 32) Their prayers were not answered, and they thought it was too late. Jesus had the stone removed from Lazarus’ tomb and called for him to come out and he got up and walked out.

Jesus resurrected their brother, and their prayers were answered, just not in the way they had expected. Don’t give up on God, He’s a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Heb. 11:6). There is no situation that God cannot fix, no damage He cannot restore, and no brokenness (absolutely nothing) that cannot be healed.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIrV) I know the plans I have for you," announces the LORD. "I want you to enjoy success. I do not plan to harm you. I will give you hope for the years to come.

Matthew 11:6 NKJV Blessed is he who is not offended because of Me."

Psalm 147:3 (NKJV) He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Link to my blogpost called The Break Up:

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove