Friday, September 03, 2021

My Perception of People -- Part 2

TRASH BAGS FOR SMALL CANS
SOUL-SEARCHING...

Yesterday morning I noticed someone had put something very sticky in the container where I keep the grocery bags from trips to the supermarket. The sticky substance got all over a bunch of the other bags. I re-use these grocery bags in the small trash cans through out the house and now that they’re all sticky, they're completely unacceptable.

I became cynical about the person who may have caused this mess. I think I tend to hold people to a higher standard than they hold themselves. I’m quite sure I’m the only one in the house who cares diddly-squat about sticky grocery bags.

Anyway, I threw them all in the garbage and ordered small trash can liners through Amazon to replace them.

Holding people to a higher standard than they truly are can be disappointing because people will never meet my over zealous expectations of them. What's a girl to do?

I need to accept the fact that I am different from others and give others permission to be different from me. I will love them for who they are, while I continue to be the absolutely wonderful and awesome person that I've become.😇

So... I ordered these lovely purple trash bags which I'll enjoy much more than grocery store bags. Garbage day just got a little better. All's well that ends well.

The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves that we see in them. (Quote by Thomas Merton)

Link to My Perception of People -- Part 1

https://richardsonblogger.blogspot.com/2021/08/my-perception-of-people.html

Go in peace and be yourself.

Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove