Thursday, August 12, 2021

My Perception of People -- Part 1

Frozen Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillets

One of my very favorite breakfast meals is Jimmy Dean Skillets. You can add a bunch of stuff to it and really do it up right. I would put the oil in the skillet and let it warm up, then put the frozen sausage mix into the hot oil. Every time the frozen food would hit that hot oil I would get scalded. But I endured it because I knew I was going to enjoy my favorite meal.

Some days I would let it thaw out, then cook it so I would not get scalded.

One day I was in a hurry and decided to put the frozen sausage and the oil in the pan at the same time. Low and behold, that is how it was supposed to be done all along. Guess what? No scalding!!

"PEOPLE. For a long time I could not stand them... a very long time. I did not like their color. I did not like their smell. I kept them at arms length, feeding them from a long-handled spoon. But after all this time it turns out I was just cooking them wrong!" A Quote from Someone's Facebook Post on the Introverts Over Fifty Page

Frozen Jimmy Dean was not my problem. I was just cooking it wrong.

A man who has friends must himself be friendly (Prov. 18:24).

Perception is defined as the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.

Father, please instruct me in the proper way to deal with people. Help me see them through the lens of Your eyes, and love them. Change my perception. You are the way, the truth, and the life. I look to You for victory in all my failures.

Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove