Wednesday, June 19, 2024

STRUGGLING TO LOVE THY NEIGHBOR

Posted on Facebook

Three years ago today (6/19/21), I posted this prayer request, hoping to grow in the love thy neighbor commandment. I was struggling heavily with hatred in my heart toward people that got on my nerves. I have seen a lot of improvement, and have had some surprising turn of events.

One thing I've learned is loving thy neighbor does not mean putting up with ignorance. I had been keeping quiet and putting up with stuff that was just making me more and more irritated and bitter inside. I have realized that loving thy neighbor is treating them as I want to be treated. But if there is a conversation I need to have, I should stop holding back and have that conversation. Have it lovingly, then let God handle the rest. Period.

Even the way I pray for my neighbors has changed. Now when I pray for our nextdoor neighbor, I command strongholds be pulled down, and I sincerely pray for his salvation which will cause him to start behaving differently. I also pray for other neighbors who are effected by his behavior.


Love is unselfish, and is given away expecting nothing in return. The ability to love ignorant people comes only through the power of Holy Spirit. The more Christlike we become, the easier the love thy neighbor commandment can be carried out successfully.

We don't have to like people in order to love them. First Corinthians 13:4-7 reveals that love is a behavioral response, not always an emotional response, and love never fails.

Go in peace.❤💚💛💙💜

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove