Monday, March 04, 2024

UNINTENTIONAL SIN

Last Wednesday I received Leviticus 5:17 as the Verse of the Day in my email. It says, "If anyone sins and does what is forbidden in any of the Lord's commands, even though they don't know it, they are guilty and will be held responsible."

NIV Translation - DailyVerses.net

I became somewhat offended by the fact that someone would be punished for something they didn't even know was wrong. That bothered me for a couple of days. Then yesterday, another verse came through my Facebook feed that says, "God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ."

King James Bible's Facebook Page

That took a load off. I said, "Oh, God is not looking for a reason to be angry with us. The whole reason Jesus came in the first place was to save us from God's wrath."


Because of Adam's sin, we are born with God's wrath abiding on us, but thanks to Jesus that wrath has been taken away, and the love of God has been poured out in our hearts, with the presence of the Holy Spirit who was given to those who believe.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove