Wednesday, February 28, 2024

YOUR MOST HOLY FAITH

The story is told of a guy who purchased a fake ticket from a scalper, to attend a basketball game. When he gave it to the ticket agent at the gate, the agent spotted it immediately and said to the guy, “When you’ve handled as many tickets as I have, you can easily spot the fake ones.”

I was studying the Sunday School lesson and ran across the 20th verse of Jude that says to build yourselves up on your “most holy faith”.  I scratched my head in confusion. I asked the Lord if faith has rankings so that it can reach a most holy point. His response to me was, “You must handle the real thing enough, that you can easily spot what is fake.”

Jude was warning the believers to beware of scoffers in the church, by saying that if we stay in the presence of God enough, we will be able to detect what is God, and what is not.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove