Sunday, February 25, 2024

LIKE FIRE SHUT UP IN MY BONES

It was October 26, 2021. I decided I would take a break from ministry and put away all my books, study, and writing material for a while and work on a jigsaw puzzle and read my Football for Dummies book.


Less than 24 hours later, I had already published one blogpost (When Life Gives You Lemons), and was working feverishly on a second (Trials and Tribulations).

I’m reminded of the prophet Jeremiah who had decided to shut down his ministry because of the persecution and sorrow he was experiencing as a result. As the days passed, he could not endure the agony building inside as he tried to remain silent. It was like burning fire shut up in his bones and he became more weary of holding back, than he was from being persecuted. So, he preached in spite of it.

Berean Standard Bible

The apostle Paul said, “I can’t stop preaching even if I wanted to, because I am so compelled. Woe to me if I don’t preach the gospel.” (1 Cor. 9:16)

God does not change His mind about our gifts and callings. He said to Jeremiah, “Before you were formed in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I sanctified you, and ordained you as a prophet to the nations.” (Jer. 1:5)

So then… how could it not burn like fire in his bones?

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove