Sunday, January 29, 2023

THE ARMOR OF GOD

Yesterday morning while I was studying, the Scripture from Ephesians 6 (where it talks about putting on the whole armor of God) came up on my computer screen. Then I heard my email notification sound off and I looked on my other screen and it was the YouVersion verse of the day with Eph. 6:11 showing on that screen. I looked back and forth on both screens and knew that it could not be a coincidence.
One thing I don’t like to do is give the devil my undivided attention. Some people sing songs about him… “Don’t let the devil ride, if you let him ride he’ll want to drive, don’t let him ride.” Some people preach sermons about him. Some people spend the day talking at him and rebuking him all day. I rarely do any of these things. I just don’t feel I should devote hours in my day paying attention to the devil. I know he’s out there, but I try not to turn my attention from the Lord, to engage with him on a regular basis.
But I know that it was not a coincidence that this Scripture came up on both computer screens at the same time. It said, “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.”
So, what am I to do? I know Satan’s attacks are real but I still don’t want to give him minutes of my day. I do not want to spend my whole life in spiritual warfare with the devil because I have better things to do with my time. If the devil can get us to turn from fulfilling the call of God on our lives, to engaging in full-time warfare with him, then the kingdom of God suffers the consequences.
Luke 11:21-22 says, “For when a strong man is fully armed and guards his palace, his possessions are safe — until someone even stronger attacks and overpowers him, strips him of his weapons, and carries off his belongings.”
So, there’s the answer. Give the devil over to the One that is stronger than he is, for the battle is not ours, but God’s.
Jesus said, “From the days of John the Baptist UNTIL NOW the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force (Matthew 11:12). There’s a new Sheriff in town. His name is Jesus Christ. He said, “I have overcome the world.” Therefore, we that believe in Him share in that victory. We too, are overcomers. With the minutes of my day, I will sing songs of praise and thanksgiving to God, but I will not sing songs about the devil. Seek FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness, THEN all these things shall be added to you.
Heavenly Father, You are my armor. You are my hiding place. You shall preserve me from trouble. You shall surround me with songs of deliverance (Psalm 32:7). Thank You Lord!

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove