Saturday, January 28, 2023

GOD ANSWERS BIG PRAYERS TOO

My husband is a long-time smoker and had been struggling with a bad cough for some time. It didn’t seem to be getting any better, but persisted. When he would go on a coughing binge, it was prolonged and seemed agonizing. I prayed to God for him.

Time passed and I didn’t really think about it that much. If he coughed, I prayed. Early this morning, I’m sitting at the computer in my office, and I heard a soft little cough coming from our bedroom. Suddenly it dawned on me that I had not heard the agonizing cough in recent days. God healed him!

I had also been praying that God would give him the lungs of a non-smoker. I can’t see his lungs, but I’m believing that God answered that prayer too… all of my prayer, not just a portion of it.

Ephesians 3:20 keeps coming up from various sources, and it’s ironic because I’ve been praying to God for other miracles too.

The Amplified Bible translation says it best for me… “Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us.” (Eph. 3:20 Amp.)

His power that’s at work within us is Holy Spirit’s power. If we dare to believe God, He is able to carry out our petitions, no matter how big they are. In fact, He is able (and willing) to even go beyond our greatest thoughts, desires, prayers, hopes and dreams.

1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV) It is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

Ask and believe, it will be given to you.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove