Monday, August 23, 2021

My Lemonheads Runneth Over

 

Lemonhead Candies are my absolute favorite sweet in the whole world. Since I was a little-bitty girl I have loved Lemonheads. I bought a case of them through Amazon so I could put them on the Snack Bar and always have some in the house. It’s been working out great!

Yesterday I found out that my husband’s grandkids will be coming by after school every day for a while. I instantly went into panic mode about my Lemonheads. Anyone that comes over on a regular basis knows we have the Snack Bar and keep it filled with goodies. But I worried about my Lemonheads for half a day and seriously considered removing them and putting them under lock and key till the afterschool visits are over.

Then… while brushing my teeth this morning, I prayed about my Lemonheads. Lord, it’s getting serious now. I felt like these kids are going to come in here and eat up all my Lemonheads. What shall I do? It didn’t feel right to remove them from the Snack Bar.

Suddenly, I was reminded that Jesus said, “Give and it will be given unto you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will it be put into your bosom. For with the same measure you use, it will be measured back to you (Luke 6:38).”

I said, “Oh I know! I’m going to share my Lemonheads and then the Lord will cause my Lemonheads bucket to run over. I can see it now.”

Eleven days ago I published a blogpost called My Perception of People. In the closing prayer I asked God to please instruct me in the proper way to deal with people. This incident with the Lemonheads was my Heavenly Father, showing me that one way to deal with people is to have a generous heart.

I’m looking forward to the afterschool visits so we can all sit around eating Lemonheads.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove