Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Cross Over To The Other Side



About 18 years ago, I woke up early one morning and I saw a vision of myself standing at a rickety old bridge that looked like it was on its very last leg. I heard the voice of the Lord say to me, "Cross over to the other side."

I thought that would not be a safe journey. Could this thing hold my weight? What if I fell through, would I have to fight an alligator or snakes? Could I scale the muddy walls and get back up to safety? I stood there with a desire to obey the voice of God, but also a fear that something could go wrong and it could end very badly if I did. The me that was laying in bed, told the other me standing at the foot of the bridge to go on across, but I would not. Fear stifled me, and whatever God had planned on the other side, I was too afraid to go after it.

God placed the best things in life on the other side of terror... on the other side of your maximum fear are all the best things in life. (Quote from Will Smith)

1 John 4:18 (NKJV)
He who fears
has not been made
perfect in love.


Eighteen years later, God has helped me grow up some. My love for Him has grown and therefore, my trust in Him is stronger. One day my trust in God will be so completely resolute that as soon as I hear His voice speak, I will take off running across that bridge knowing that God has my back whatever the consequences.

Joshua 1:9 (NKJV) Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove