Thursday, August 19, 2021

Awakening

I rarely ever thank God for waking me up in the morning. I see memes and other drawings on social media all the time, calling out for us to thank God for waking us up this morning. I usually scroll pass them without liking or commenting, because what if He didn’t wake me up this morning, what would the consequences be? I would be in heaven with my Lord Jesus, walking the street of gold and wearing my long white robe. "To die is gain," as the apostle Paul said.

But I heard a preacher say, “My faith is not looking to one day when I can get out of here, but to what God is going to do with me before I leave.” (Quote from Pastor Steven Furtick)

WOW! There's a revelation that got me to thinking about my attitude toward thanking God for waking me up in the morning. If He wakes me up, I have another opportunity to be used by Him... another opportunity to see others being used by Him that continues to bless me everyday.

Jesus said to the apostles on the day He ascended into heaven, “You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses for Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Every morning I wake up on this earth, is an opportunity to be a witness for Christ... the Voice of the Dove, speaking into the hearts of believers everywhere. To LIVE is Christ and to die is gain.

Isaiah 50:4 (NKJV) The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens me morning by morning, He awakens my ear to hear as the learned.

Thank You Lord, for waking me up this morning, and yesterday morning, and tomorrow morning. This is the day You have made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove