Sunday, December 06, 2020

Learning to Trust Again

The reason Lucy keeps pulling the ball away when Charlie attempts to kick it, is because she keeps remembering that very first time. She held the ball but Charlie Brown kicked her hand. Now she has trust issues remembering the pain she felt.


How do you trust again when pain stands in the way? And just about the time you think you've gotten past it, you snatch the ball away, proving that it still has you instead.

God wants to heal you every where you hurt.
Lift your hands to Him and say,
God I need You
I need You right away.

God will take the pain away and cause your heart to trust again. 🛐

Dear Lord, God of my salvation, take this pain away, put a smile on my face, a song in my heart, and dancing in my feet. Don't let the disappointments of life take me out and keep me stunted in a place of constant mistrust. Let Your presence come and Your healing touch bind up my wounds. Let forgiveness take place. Take away my skepticism and let me trust again, living life to the fullness that You intended, fulfilling the purpose You meant for me. Stop me from hurting myself and others. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen. 🙏