Tuesday, January 05, 2016

THE STRENGTH OF GOD'S REBUKE

Isa. 50:2
I had some confusion about the rebuking thing... when we say to the enemy, "The Lord rebuke you." Because, in my mind, I want the enemy annihilated, not just given a harsh scolding - that's what I thought rebuke meant. So I said to the Lord, "Instead of just severely reprimanding Satan, there should be a stronger discipline." The response I received was astonishing...

"Is My hand shortened at all that it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver? Indeed with My rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness; their fish stink because there is no water, and die of thirst (Scripture found in Isa. 50:2).

Wow!! When the Lord rebukes, it is not just a good-old-fashion dressing down and then he's off the hook. God's rebuke dries up the sea and takes a flourishing river and turns it into a desert. The same as when Jesus cursed the fig tree and it withered away with no possibility of fruit growing on it ever again (Matt. 21:19). When Jesus rebuked unclean spirits, they came out of their victims (Mark 9:25; Luke 9:42).

I believe in the power that believers have over the enemy. Jesus said in Luke 10:19, "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." This is the result of the abiding power of the Holy Spirit available to the believer, when we rebuke the enemy in the name of Jesus. God has highly exalted Jesus and given Him the name above every name (Phil 2:9). Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee (run away) from you (James 4:7).

We have been given the authority to say, "Satan, the Lord rebuke you in the name of Jesus."

Don't be intimidated by the enemy. Believe in the power available to us. When Jesus rebuked Satan in the wilderness, the devil fled from Him. That same power is available to us.

Thank You Lord for opening my eyes concerning the strength of Your rebuke.

We shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free. Therefore, if the Son makes us free, we shall be free indeed. (John 8:32, 36)

Go in peace.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove