Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Alone With God

I had a situation on Facebook where I had commented on a posting, not knowing it would incite a rebuttal. I wasn't trying to be contentious by the posting, but two people challenged it which led to a couple of back-and-forth disagreeable replies. Finally, I knew it was time to bow out and I told respondents that in the true spirit of friendship I would not comment any further.

The apostle Paul warned young Timothy not to engage in word battles that accomplished nothing useful but to overthrow the faith of the hearers (2 Tim. 2:14).

Afterward, my spirit was troubled by the attacks and I needed something positive to refresh myself. So I went to my News Feed and immediately saw a link entitled, Gospel of Peace.

"That's it!" As the peace piece was buffering, I heard the Lord say to me, "You will always have people who want to confront you, but I want you to always come to Me for refueling, like you did today."

And Jesus said to them, “Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.” (Mark 6:31a)

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isa. 41:10)

Go in peace.