Saturday, January 16, 2016

Shoot Me Across That Grand Canyon

The Grand Canyon
Attempting to meet God's standards is like being catapulted across the Grand Canyon on a rubber band. It fails to meet the requirement every time. The word says not to only be hearers of the word, but also doers of the word.
  • Be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. James 1:22
As a doer of the word, I noticed that I strive really hard to meet God's standards by doing, doing, doing... trying to meet the mark. But over and over I keep realizing how much of His grace is still required for me, because I continue to fall way short of perfection.
  • I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Phil 3:14
There is no way to earn God's goodness, no matter how much we think we may have earned it, we still come up lacking. Fortunately, His word says that where sin abounds, His grace much more abounds. Where ever we are, we cannot surpass His grace.
  • Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more. Rom 5:20
At the end of the movie Purgatory, the coachman says, "The Creator's tough, but He ain't blind." Watch the movie, if you haven't seen it. I boo-hooed.


God knows and can see the secrets of the heart. He knows what we're going to say even before we say it. He knows our thoughts even before they enter our minds. He knows our motives for everything we do. There is nothing hidden from Him.

  • For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 1 John 3:20
Even as I strive everyday to do His will, and often come up short, He knows the way that I take. Job said, "If I go forward or backward, or turn to the left or the right, I cannot see Him. But He certainly knows the way that I take and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as pure gold."
  • But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Heb 11:6
  • Be imitators of God as dear children. Eph 5:1

Go in peace... dear child of God.