Saturday, January 23, 2016

Beautiful Things In Humble Places

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
(1895-1979)
A few years ago I was attending a Believer's Convention and had been sitting in the presence of the Lord all week. Toward the end of the week, I was getting dressed to go, and I heard the Lord say that I would see an angel that day.

At the convention center, I kept looking up into the rafters all day, waiting for that angel  to appear... floating about with his wings stretched out and long white robe. I know the Lord told me that I would see an angel, but he did not show up.

On the way home I stopped at Albertson's for a few items. When I walked into the store I seemed to take notice of the guys that bag the groceries. They were wearing green polo shirts and khaki pants.


My (then) husband had asked me to bring him something from the pharmacy and it was the last item I picked up on my way to the check out. There was a big store display of lawn furniture (it was mid-Summer) and as I passed by, I had my head down focusing on the item in my hand. Out of the corner of my eye though, I saw an image sitting in one of the lawn chairs. He was wearing a green polo shirt and khaki pants with a big cross necklace laying on his chest. I had never seen employees in that store sitting around, and I frequented that store often and had never seen him in particular. I smiled at him and he smiled back. As soon as I got clear of the furniture display, the Lord said, "That was the angel."

My paced slowed and my eyes bugged out... I wanted to run back and see but I was too afraid. So I picked up the pace, paid for my stuff and got out of there.

A few days later, I turned the channel to watch TBN. Faith and begorrah... there he was. The face of the angel I had seen at Albertson's. He also had a big cross hanging around his neck. I was stunned again. I Googled his name and found that he passed away in 1979... a long time before I saw the Albertson's angel.

I watched Bishop Fulton's program that day and the message was for me for sure. I guarantee, I would not have stayed on that channel if I had not seen his face a few days before. But the Lord wanted to make sure He had my attention.

In that same store, I saw angels two more times. They looked like regular guys shopping for groceries. The Holy Spirit pointed them out to me. Both times it was after I had already passed by them, that he said, "That was an angel." As before, I never had the nerve to turn around and take a second look.

Heb. 13:2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.

Matt. 18:10 Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Heb. 1:14 Are they (the angels) not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

There are ministering spirits all around us. I was looking for a glowing spirit floating around up in the rafters, with a 15-foot wingspan, but he just looked like a grocery-bagger at Albertson's.


Go in peace and come again.