Thursday, October 29, 2015

There Will Be An Answer, Let It Be.

Last year a position became available in my department and I prayed that the right person would fill the position. We had been seriously struggling with interpersonal relationships and I thought this was the perfect opportunity for the Lord to bring together a cohesive team. I also had been struggling with my own job and was not a very happy camper. I really needed the Lord to come through for me individually and for my team as well.

The guy that filled the position was a Christian with strong faith and I was very pleased that God had answered my prayer. But... it turned out that he was grossly under qualified and really, really struggled with the job. So, he quit. And I prayed again for the Lord to send the right person to fill the spot.

I had reached the end of my rope. I really needed the Lord to renew my motivation and enthusiasm for this job. Because everyone in my department worked so closely together, our jobs hugely impacted the others.

The person that filled the vacancy really, really rubbed me the wrong way. Our personalities clashed like high sounding cymbals and I was not going to be able to work with her. After about three months of it, I closed that chapter of my life and moved on.

For quite some time I was very, very confused about it. Why did my prayers for the right person to fill the vacancy bring about two totally wrong people? Today that scenario replayed in my mind and the Lord sent me a song... Let It Be.

There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.
There will be an answer, let it be.


Perhaps it was the Lord's will all along for me to close that chapter. That was the reason for the struggle. If He had sent the person that I wanted, then I wouldn't have left.

The apostle John said that if we ask the Lord for anything that is in His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, then we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. If it had been His will for me, then the person that I wanted would have filled the vacancy. But even so, my prayer was still answered, in that, the right person did fill the position. Since I left that company, the Lord has opened doors for me to be able to minister in ways I would not have, if I were still there.

I had recently been praying about ISIS, that the Lord would wipe them out. I was once again deeply disturbed the other day, when I saw the raid to free those held prisoner in an ISIS compound. Again, I cried out to the Lord to free the world from these kind of barbaric people that perpetuate such evil. Again, He reminded me...


Let it be, let it be.
There will be an answer, let it be.

Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be mowed down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
Psalm 37:1-2

Go in peace.