Thursday, June 25, 2015

Do you love Me? Feed My sheep. Feed My lambs.

My former pastor who is now in heaven, used to always quote the Scripture that says if the blind lead the blind they shall both fall into a ditch (Matt 15:14). I took that to heart as an all encompassing life creed to live by. I will not work for just any employer, or work under just any supervisor, or be led by just any pastor or be married to just any man. Because if they don't know where they're going, why should I follow them?

The apostle Paul said that Christ Himself gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, some to be pastors and teachers (Eph 4:11). So if one is truly called by Christ to be a pastor, then he will have a true shepherd's heart (like Moses, for example). He was called to lead the Israelites out of Egypt, and had a true shepherd's heart. That distinction does not come because one holds the title, it is a calling that Christ gives them. Jesus said in John 15:16, "You didn't choose Me, but I chose you." So then the apostle Peter said in 2 Peter 1:10, " Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble."

I said to the Lord recently, "I don't want to go to church on Sunday morning and be served up minute rice. I am not settling for minute rice, I want long cooked rice." I was telling God that if He is going to put me at a church, it needs to be where the word of God is truly being studied. And the man of God that approaches the pulpit on Sunday morning needs to be well versed in Scripture and serve me spiritual food that has been appropriately prepared. I will not waste my time and gasoline to be served up something he prepared in a minute. In 2 Tim 2:15 Paul says, "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

I should not have to go outside the walls of my sanctuary to seek a prepared word from God... not when He has called the man of God to preach. Then, it is anointed and profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness (2 Tim 3:16).

Jesus said in Matt 6:23, "If your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness! If the leader is the eye, and the eye has poor vision, then the whole body of that congregation is full of darkness. He said in verse 22, "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light." If the man seeing over Christ's flock has singless of heart (or vision) and devotion to one purpose, then the body of Christ will be full of light.

Jer. 23:4  I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, nor shall they be lacking,” says the Lord.