Friday, June 26, 2015

The Narrow Gate

Matt 7:13-14 (NKJV) Enter by the narrow gate (the opening); for wide is the gate and broad is the way (the path) that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.


Come in.
I guess if you were going to place an ad for heavenly real estate, this passage would not draw many consumers to live there.  The gate to eternal life is narrowed with humility, which goes against human nature.  Jesus said, "Unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matt 18:3).  Jesus said to Thomas, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).  Conversion and regeneration is the gateway, by which we enter into God's heavenly kingdom, and there we begin a life of faith and devotion to the one true God of the universe.

In contrast, the road to destruction and hell is paved with pride and stubborn will against acknowledging Christ Jesus as Lord of all and Savior of the whole world.  It is tempting to follow the multitude down the broad path, but at the end of that path is great destruction.

There is no salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)

I became a born again Christian in 1999.  To be honest, there has been some really difficult times but at the end of the day, I would not trade my relationship with Jesus for anything else. During the difficult times, He is with me. I have also had many, many good days walking hand in hand with my Lord.

Christianity is not really a religion. It is more of a personal relationship with God Himself. He invites us into His family through His Son, Christ Jesus. We can have the most rewarding relationship we have ever experienced in life. God has a way of making you feel like you're His only child... His most special child, if you will open Your heart to Him.

If you have not experienced God personally, you should give Him a chance to prove Himself to you. It is not His will that any should perish (on the broad path) but that all should come to repentance (at the narrow gate) 2 Peter 3:9.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer. 29:11)

Say this prayer out loud...



I love you!
Heavenly Father,

I come to You in the name of Jesus. I am sorry for my sins and the life that I lived away from You; I ask for Your forgiveness. With my mouth, I openly confess, I believe that Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His blood on the cross and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin, and with Your help live my life in honor of You. With my heart, I believe that Jesus was raised from the dead and now sits at Your right hand. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for Your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sin. I thank You Jesus that Your saving grace always leads to repentance. From this day forward, transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to You alone and never be separated from You for all eternity.

Thank You for accepting me into Your family. Amen.

There's a lot of rejoicing in heaven right now because YOU have joined the heavenly family. Welcome home!