Sunday, October 13, 2024

PATIENCE IN FULL BLOOM

When Jesus was in His early teens He met the siblings Lazarus, Mary, and Martha on the many trips He made to Jerusalem with Mary and  Joseph. They lived in Bethany which was located about 2 miles east of Jerusalem. The two families would visit often and Mary, Martha, Lazarus, and Jesus became close friends.

Lazarus became very sick so Mary and Martha sent for Jesus to come and heal him. Jesus did not return with the messenger but lingered 2 more days in the place where He was. By the time He made the journey to Bethany, Lazarus was dead and buried.

Even though they were close friends and Jesus loved them, yet He did not rush to their side to spare their grief but lingered until Lazarus was in the grave. Jesus told His disciples that this incident was for the glory of God, so that the Son of God could be glorified through it.

I have been suffering with a constant ringing in my ears for quite some time. I’ve prayed for healing again, and again, and again. Some days it’s very loud and other days it’s quieter, but it’s there 24/7.

About a week ago I confronted the Lord concerning this. “Lord, do I have unforgiveness in my heart toward anyone that is preventing my prayers from being answered? (Mark 11:25-26)

Three days later, this was God’s response:

“If I don’t answer your prayers in the manner you expected, I want you to remember Mary and Martha. I raised Lazarus from the dead and restored him to full health. Their prayers were answered, just not in the way they had initially expected. I will never leave you, nor forsake you. Never… no never. I am your Good Shepherd. My plans are to prosper you, not to harm you. Let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” Daddy

He's allowing it for a reason. Pray without ceasing, but let patience have its perfect work.

James 1:4 (TLB) So let patience grow, and don't try to squirm out of your problems. For when your patience is finally in full bloom, then you will be ready for anything, strong in character, full and complete.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove