Tuesday, September 24, 2024

SAY IT!

I was watching a rerun episode of Celebrity Name Game, and they were in the head-to-head round where the host, Craig Ferguson, would give a clue and the first contestant to buzz in and give the correct answer would win the designated money for that question. The first contestants to reach $3,000 would advance to the next round.

As tension mounted, one of the contestants buzzed in with an answer that would’ve put them over $3000. Instead of confirming whether the contestant was right or wrong, Craig Ferguson just stood there in a long, cold silence. When the contestant couldn’t take it anymore, he began jumping up and down screaming, “Say it!!” Finally, Craig Ferguson acknowledged the answer was correct and they had won their bank and advanced.

While this contestant was uncontrollably jumping up and down, and screaming at the top of his lungs, the Lord showed me that this contestant was ME!

There are times when I’m desperately waiting for my prayers to be answered and my impatience resembles that contestant jumping up and down screaming “Say it!!” at the top of my lungs, wanting God to hurry up and respond.

The psalmist David said, “I would’ve lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.”

That’s what I need… a believing heart that is secure in the goodness and faithfulness of God.

The Lord said to the prophet Habakkuk, “The vision awaits an appointed time – though it might linger, wait for it because it will surely come to pass, and it will not delay.”

Habakkuk had a lot of hard questions to ask the Lord because some things just made no sense at all to him. The Lord was patient to answer his questions, and strengthen his faith, even in the day of trouble when impatience wanted to make him scream, holler and jump up and down.

Yet, the prophet said, “I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.”

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Isaiah 41:10…

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove