Wednesday, September 18, 2024

BE KIND

Two years ago, I kept receiving messages to “be kind”. These were pictures and posts that kept popping up here and there that I knew could not just be a coincidence because it happened too many times. It had me scratching my head trying to figure out when I had been unkind, and to whom I had been unkind. Why did the Lord keep sending me this message?

It was my thoughts about strangers in the grocery store, or the neighbor next door that wouldn’t keep his dog quiet, or the annoying neighbor on the other side who seems to be irritating on purpose. My silent thoughts about these people could be most unkind at times. The Lord was telling me to be just as kind in my thoughts, as I am in my actions, not because they earned it but because it’s the right and human thing to do. Show kindness, even when they can’t see it.

Ephesians 4:32 (NASB) Be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove