Friday, July 05, 2024

IN HIS PRESENCE

Long, long past midnight, the neighbors shot guns and fireworks in celebration of Independence Day. I woke up at almost 4:00 this morning feeling like I just needed to go to the throne of grace and sit with my Jesus. I said that to Him... that I would not speak, but I just needed to be in His presence. I wasn't planning to pray, but to lay in bed while I go spiritually to the throne room and sit down next to Jesus.

My husband had the covers all screwed up, so laying quietly in bed was crossed out, and I went to the Living Room instead. I picked up my tablet to put on some soft background music and saw I had new emails. I opened the app and saw this from Pastor Steven Furtick, "If you're feeling tired and weary, take a moment and pause. Just sit with Jesus a while."  #notacoincidence

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove