Wednesday, June 05, 2024

TO BE BORN AGAIN

✝️ What does it mean to be born again? ✝️

Jesus said to Nicodemus, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

There’s a mystery of the kingdom of God. Some will see and not perceive it, and some will hear and not understand it. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Holy Spirit says.

Our body is spiritually dead because Adam disobeyed God, but is alive again because of Christ’s resurrection. Adam brought death to all of us because we were born through his physical family line, but Christ has brought life to all who are born again through faith in Him. So then, the Holy Spirit is life in you, and also Christ in you.

Your body will die because of its sinful nature… all humans face the day when they will pass away. But those that accepted the Savior will inherit a glorified body when they leave this earth. Your spirit lives on, when the body passes away.

We are spiritually begotten (born again) through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. The Bible calls Him the firstfruit of those that pass away, because He was the first to rise in the glorified body, and those that die in the Lord will rise glorified just as He did.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. (1 Peter 1:3)

Just as Adam is the representative of our sinful humanity, Christ represents our restored spiritual being from death to life… from Adam to Jesus… from earthly to heavenly.

We were brought forth in iniquity (born to do wrong), and in sin my mother conceived me (a sinner before I left my mother’s womb). Psalm 51:5

Mankind abides in death (we're born that way) because we were separated from fellowship with God by Adam’s sin, and unable to restore that life giving fellowship. This is why Israel made offerings to God in the Old Testament, hoping to make atonement (amends) to repair the brokenness between them and God. Some sacrifices were mandatory, but some were completely voluntary and they brought them before God in an effort to restore that fellowship.

The sentence of death hangs over mankind because of our identity with Adam’s fall. Everyone born through the loins of Adam are born in sin and shaped in iniquity.

God commanded Adam not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That’s why when Eve ate the forbidden fruit nothing happened, but it was when Adam ate of the forbidden fruit that both of their eyes were opened, and they knew that they were naked. When both their eyes were opened they became knowledgeable of evil, and thus began the foundation of the world. Prior to that they lived in innocence. They were naked and unashamed.

To truly appreciate the sacrifice of the Lamb of God, we must have some understanding of the Old Testament sacrifices. The nation of Israel continued making offerings to God again and again because they continued to sin over and over. But God provided a method by which man’s penalty can be paid, and fellowship with God restored. This method is the sacrificial offering of Christ Jesus the Messiah, the Lamb of God.

Israel’s symbolic sacrifices were a type and shadow of Christ Jesus, the Lamb of God.

Jesus was not born through Adam’s loins, but He was definitely a human being. He was conceived in His mother, the virgin Mary, by the Holy Spirit, and called the Son of God.

In the end, the positive effects of Christ’s saving work has conquered all the negative consequences of Adam’s tragic fall. God made Christ who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Cor. 5:21).

Isaiah 1:18 (NKJV) “Come now, and let us reason together,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as (white as) wool.”

The Sinner’s Prayer

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your holy name. I come to you in humble prayer asking that You please forgive me, and wash me thoroughly of all my iniquities, and cleanse me of all my sins. I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that Jesus is Your Son, the Lamb of God, and my Savior. I believe that He died on the Cross at Mount Calvary so that I can be forgiven and inherit eternal life in Your kingdom in heaven. Father, I believe You raised Christ Jesus from the dead and made me the righteousness of God in Him. I ask You to come into my life and be my personal Lord and Savior. I repent of all I have done, and said, and thought that was not pleasing in Your sight. I will worship You all the days of my life. Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit that He will be with me all the days of my life. Since Jesus sacrificed Himself for me, I also commit my life to You as a living sacrifice, holy, and acceptable, which is my reasonable service to You. Thank You Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In Jesus’s name I pray, Amen.🙏


To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove