Tuesday, June 11, 2024

KEEP HOPE ALIVE

When I was in the 10th grade in high school, I took my first typing class and I SUCKED! Every time the teacher gave the class a speed test, I tested less than 20 words a minute. I sucked at typing! The teacher kept trying to encourage me to go see my counselor and get transferred to another class. In the middle of all that, the school district realized that I should have been bussed to another school at the beginning of the school year. Another high school had opened that year and all the other high school kids in our neighborhood was going to the new school, but they overlooked me.

So, when I got to the new school, I had Typing One on my schedule. I struggled a little bit, but not like before. I kept getting better and better. I eventually enrolled in the Vocational Office Education program and when I graduated I went to secretarial school. In January 1983, I graduated and became a Secretary. For 20 years of my life I used those typing skills that the first teacher tried to discourage me from learning. Today, I can type 60 words a minute.

I love to write! It’s like fire shut up in my bones. If I had not learned how to type, my love for writing would be terribly handicapped.

Don't quit. Keep hope alive. Resuscitate it. Put it on life support, but don't let it die.


To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove