Thursday, April 11, 2024

YOU'RE DAZZLING!!!

The Lord saved me in the Spring of 1999. Immediately, my life began to morphe in so many ways. One day I heard the word "dazzling". It came out of nowhere, and I knew it wasn't me. For several weeks this went on, and on, and on. I kept seeing and hearing the word dazzling but had no idea what it was in reference to.

One day my former husband brought me home a candle that had the word dazzling on the label. I knew that God had moved on him to gift me with that. I sat down to watch the movie Sabrina (Harrison Ford's)... low and behold I got the reference.

Sabrina was the daughter of a chauffeur whose mother had died long ago. She was in love with the young son of the family her father drove for but the son did not know she was alive.

They paid for her to go to work in Paris France, and when she returned she was dazzling. Suddenly, the young son noticed Sabrina. He invited her to the birthday party they were throwing for his mother. As they danced that beautiful evening, he said to Sabrina, "Do you know how beautiful you are?" She dropped her head and said, "No." He said, "You're dazzling."

❗Oh my God ❗

At the same exact time Sabrina and I both said, "Dazzling?"

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
(18 second YouTube clip of that scene)
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

I never saw that coming. And up to that point, I had never-ever seen a dazzling me when I looked in the mirror or at photos of myself.

Fast forward to 2024. I turned 60 years old on my last birthday. My hair started thinning and falling out. I prayed about it and I'm not seeing so much hair in the combs anymore, but the Lord took me way back to that time when He had taken me from self-loathing to self-acceptance.

I've started reciting verses from the Song of Solomon as a way to rebuild my confidence, because if God says I'm dazzling, then for sure I'm dazzling... and so are you!

Song of Solomon 4:1-2 (TLB) King Solomon: "How beautiful you are, my love, how beautiful! Your eyes are those of doves. Your hair falls across your face like flocks of goats that frisk across the slopes of Gilead. Your teeth are white as sheep's wool, newly shorn and washed; perfectly matched, without one missing.🌺

Song of Solomon 7:1 (NKJV) How beautiful are your feet in sandals, O prince's daughter!🌺

You're dazzling! Go in peace.✌

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove