Thursday, February 01, 2024

IS GOD WELL PLEASED WITH ME

There was a period when Jesus came to be baptized by John the Baptist, and when He came up out of the water, the voice of our Heavenly Father was heard saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” There has been situations occurring over the last three months that has led me to doubt that the Lord is well pleased with me. I found myself back tracking my thoughts trying to figure out where I’ve gotten off track, and why God was discontented. Again and again, I kept producing nothing. My confusion continued.

Yesterday, I stumbled upon a preacher sermonizing on the loveless church of Revelation 2:1-7 where Jesus is admonishing them that they had left their first love. They were to remember from where they had fallen and repent. Once again I racked my brain trying to figure out where I’ve gotten off track and left my first love. Why is my God not well pleased with me?

Later, while sitting in the living room, I looked up, and saw light reflected on the ceiling. The sun had gone behind the house and was shining through the kitchen window. It hit a picture of me sitting amongst a bunch of family photos on the entertainment center. No one’s picture was lit up except mine. There’s about thirty photos sitting on those shelves. The light on the glass reflected on the ceiling and caught my attention.

I suddenly remembered the priestly blessing in the sixth chapter of Numbers that says, “May God make His face shine upon you.”

“Oh my God,” I said to myself. “He is smiling on me.”

I began to pray, “Heavenly Father, I have become the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I am by no means perfect, but He is my righteousness. Let me obtain Your mercy and find Your grace for all my weaknesses. Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me throughout my life. I love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength… and I want to live a life that is well pleasing to You.”

I realize now that the enemy was attacking me. He is called the accuser of the brethren in Rev. 12:10. He tried to come between me and my Heavenly Father by convincing me that God is not well pleased with me. The word of truth says that no weapon formed against us shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against us, in judgment the Lord will condemn (Isa.54:17). No weapon will prosper!

I took a snapshot of the sun shining on my photo, so that I’ll always have it to remember God smiling on me… letting me know that He is well pleased.


Matthew 9:22 (NKJV) Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, "Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well."

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove