Tuesday, January 02, 2024

I WENT OFF ON A COWORKER

It was May 17, 2019. Part of my job was to relieve the receptionist so she could take her breaks. She accused me of deleting a file off of her computer because she could not locate it. I went off on this coworker, loudly and angrily. I was not having a bad day, nor was this the first conflict I had faced as her backup.

Later in the day, we talked it out. I told her that as a devout Christian I would not intentionally, nor unintentionally sabotage even someone I hated, and certainly not someone that I like and respected as her. She had the IT department locate her lost file, and we let bygones be bygones.

I do not feel bad about going off on this coworker. I think she had it coming. My anger was justified and well placed. Anger is not a sin. It is how we deal with our anger that can be critical. Don’t seek vengeance. Be the peacemaker.



To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove