Thursday, December 28, 2023

THE FIGHT IS ON

I was on my morning walk (7/23/22)... as I was about to pass this house, a ferocious dog behind a fence started barking at me, and leaping up and down trying to jump over the fence. He barked so viciously at me as I was approaching that it made me stop and consider going in the street to pass by. I decided to stay on the sidewalk and kept moving briskly past him.

On my way back, remembering the dog, I did decide to walk in the street by the curb. That same dog that barked at me so viciously as I was going, had gotten out of the fence and came charging at me. I raised my little one pound weights and told that dog to "Come on!!!" He turned and ran away. Then he came at me a second time, barking ferociously. I got louder, "Come on!!!" In that moment, all fear left me and I was prepared to beat the snot out of that dog with my weights. He turned and ran away again, this time he was looking for a way to get back inside that fence. I was somewhat surprised myself by my reaction to the dog... inviting him to a fight, instead of running away screaming.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove