Wednesday, April 05, 2023

A VISIBLE ENCOUNTER OF GOD'S PRESENCE

I was in bed asleep one night and woke up feeling uncomfortable so I flipped over on my other side, looked at the clock — it was 2:22, and I went back to sleep. The very next night the same thing happened. I woke up uncomfortable and flipped over and glanced at the clock and it was 2:22 again. I laid there for a little while, wondering if that was just a coincidence or if God was trying to tell me something. I am one of those that really don’t believe in coincidences where Christian believers are concerned. A week or so passed and it happened again a third time. I knew for sure that this must be God. I thought it was just me feeling uncomfortable, but it was actually the Holy Spirit causing me to feel uncomfortable so I would wake up and see the clock.

During that season of my life, I was feeling like God had distanced Himself from me. To realize that He was coming to me, instead of me going to Him lifted me up tremendously. Generally, when we pray to God, it is us going to Him, but He was creating a way for me to know that He was coming to me as well. The 2:22 awakenings happened over and over after that. Then I started seeing 2:22 in the afternoon. I would happen to pick up my phone for something and it would be 2:22. I would walk into a room and it would be 2:22. I would be playing a game on my tablet and glance at the clock and it was 2:22. Over and over and over this happened.

Months passed and then I started seeing 3:33 and 4:44 and 5:55. Recently I started seeing 11:11 as well. These moments have become most precious to me, because God is coming to me in those moments, not because I invited Him, but just because He wants to. He is letting me know that He is here with me.

In those moments, I started speaking with Him. “Since You’re here Lord, I have something I need to speak with You about.” Then I launch into my prayer concern.

I used to wish that the Lord and I could meet up at Starbucks and have lattes and talk things over. He fixed it so we could. It’s not Starbucks but it accomplishes that same purpose and He is approaching me first.

I’m reminded of how Adam and the Lord God walked in the Garden of Eden in the cool of the day. What a refreshing to have a visible encounter of God’s presence.

Psalm 139:17-18 (NLT) How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove