Monday, November 28, 2022

OUR PRAYERS MATTER (7)

In his sermon yesterday, Pastor Phillip said that there are times when Scriptures you have read many many times will all of a sudden have new revelation that you never saw before. And you’ll wonder how did I read this passage for so long and never see that till now? An example of that happened to me in real time.

My husband’s daughter said she moved into this apartment complex on Loop 12, right past Interstate 45… coming from our house it would be on the left-hand side of the street. I racked my brain trying to see these apartments in my head. I have past that way hundreds of times but I don’t remember seeing any apartment complex sitting where she said they were. I asked her a second time to describe the location, and I still could not see it in my head.

So on my way to church yesterday, I sat straight up in my seat and stretched my neck so that I could see what was actually on the left-hand side of the street when I crossed over Interstate 45. Faith and Begorrah! There they were! The apartment complex was built in 1971 (I googled it). I can’t believe I never saw them. They’ve been sitting right there for 51 years.

This is exactly the point Pastor was making about our Bible reading. There are times when something will suddenly jump off the page from a passage that you’ve read many times but had never seen that particular revelation before. It is in that particular time and season that Holy Spirit raises the consciousness to see and hear what He wants to reveal, and knows we are ready to receive.

I’m reminded of a passage in Hebrews 5 where the author accuses them of being spiritually dull and unable to receive sustenance because they were still living on infant milk, and not solid food. Solid food is for those who have matured spiritually and is able to see something in the word of God that they’ve never seen before. We don’t want to remain in the basics of God’s word. The author said, “Everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.” We need to be weaned from milk and begin to receive solid food. We want to be in a place where Holy Spirit can reveal truths to us that will help us grow more.

There are times in our walk with the Lord that we are on the vine, but not producing fruit. As I listened to the sermon yesterday, I got to wondering if something in my life could be preventing my branch from bearing fruit. Nourishment from the vine is still intact, just not producing fruitfulness.

There was a period of time in my spiritual walk where disappointments had mounted up and caused my heart to become hardened. For sure, I was on the vine but not abiding in Him (John 15:4). My prayers were sent up with a level of skepticism that God had probably not even heard me. In that season, I did not expect to receive revelation from God and lived in spiritual dullness on a regular basis. But the Potter knows how to restore the piece that was marred in His hands and use that same clay to make another vessel, even more beautiful than the first. (Jer. 18:3)

I heard Pastor Steven Furtick say that he felt the “spirit of unstuckness”. This was in reference to believers that feel stuck, as I did about my mounted-up disappointments. The things that keep hemming us up is about to release and we’re coming unstuck.

Holy Spirit gave me fresh faith in the place of my spiritual dullness. He helped my unbelief and I began to see with my spiritual eyes, instead of my natural eyes. I said to myself, “I have learned how to live abased, and now the Lord is about to teach me how to live aboundingly. I too, feel the spirit of unstuckness. It’s a new season.”

We’re entering a season of answered prayers.

I’m no prophet, I’m just saying what’s in my spirit. Strongholds are being pulled down. Arguments are being cast down. Lies are being exposed. Truth is being revealed. Our confidence in God’s faithfulness is skyrocketing. Passages in the Bible that we’ve read many times are about to take on new meaning. They will jump off the page and things we never saw will be revealed in our hearing. The Lord is about to teach us how to live aboundingly. Receive that.

The bedrock of faith is the assurance that God keeps His promises, no matter what the situation looks like at the present time. God is faithful.

Lamentations 3:22-26 (NLT) The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!” The LORD is good to those who depend on Him, to those who search for Him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD.


To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove