Tuesday, September 20, 2022

BETTER DAYS

I was listening to CeCe Winans sing Goodness of God. She says, “All my life You have been faithful, and all my life You have been so, so good. With every breath that I am able, oh I will sing of the goodness of God.”

I struggled with this because lately I have been feeling that God is “provoking” me… like the children of Israel provoked Him. The Bible says that they provoked Him to jealousy. They provoked Him to anger, and they provoked Him to wrath. These never-ending trials are provoking me and I struggled to sing along with CeCe as she sang those beautiful lyrics.

I asked the Lord if He could reveal His goodness to me without taking me through yet another trial… perhaps He could just send it to me in a dream, instead of another trial.

THEN…

As I was getting ready for work, a song came on the radio. He sang, “I know there’s gonna be some brighter days, I swear that love will find you in your pain. I feel it in me like the beating of life in my veins, I know there’s gonna be some brighter days.”

Amazingly, it lifted my spirits immediately. LIFE... it happens, but the goodness of God is that He turns our captivity and works it out for our good. After Job's troubles, God blessed the end of his life, and he lived better than ever before.

Be encouraged.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove