Wednesday, July 06, 2022

THE LORD LAUGHS AT HIM

Little Bitty Dog
I was on my morning walk and this little bitty dog came walking toward me. As I passed by, he leaned up against the fence to get out of my way. When I got about 6 to 8 feet away, he commenced to barking up a storm and following me down the street, like he was so tough.

I laughed at him and kept walking. I always carry one-pound weights in each hand just in case I need to protect myself against ferocious dogs, but that little bitty thing just made me laugh.

I thought of that Scripture that says, "The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes at him with his teeth. The Lord laughs at him." That’s what we look like to God, that little bitty dog that thinks he’s tough but is no match at all against the Mighty God who holds the power of the world in His hands.

Psalm 37:1-2 (NKJV) Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be mowed down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

Psalm 37:12-13 (NLT) The wicked plot against the godly; they snarl at them in defiance. But the Lord just laughs, for He sees their day of judgment coming.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove