Saturday, July 23, 2022

ENDOWED WITH POWER

On my morning walk today, I passed this house where a ferocious dog behind a fence started barking at me, and leaping up and down. He barked so viciously at me as I was passing by that it made me stop and consider getting in the street. He was trying to leap over the fence, but I stayed on the sidewalk and kept moving. On my way back, I did decide to walk in the street by the curb. That same dog that barked at me so viciously as I was going, had gotten out of the fence and came charging at me. I raised my little one pound weights and told that dog to "Come on!!!" He turned and ran away. Then he came at me again barking ferociously. I got louder, "Come on!!!" He turned and ran away again, this time he was looking for a way to get back inside that fence. I was somewhat surprised myself by my reaction to the dog... inviting him to a fight, instead of running away.

Occasionally in our walk with the Lord, we may encounter a vicious attack of the enemy, but James 4:7 says, "Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." Those that have made Jesus Christ their Lord and Savior has been endowed and equipped with the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Even the fear of the dog left me when I came into a face-to-face confrontation. Behind the fence leaping and barking, he intimidated me and I considered going into the street as I passed by, but when I came face-to-face with him, I invited him to a fight, and he walked away.

In this world, we will have tribulation, but Jesus said, "Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." We are not just your run-of-the-mill conquerors, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

In yesterday's blogpost, I wrote out a prayer in which I petitioned our Heavenly Father, "Don’t let even one attack of the enemy triumph over Your people." This morning, God proved Himself faithful in that regard.

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand, stand therefore. Ephesians 6:11

Come on!!! Let's go higher, ever increasing in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove