Wednesday, June 15, 2022

SECOND TIME AROUND

10-Minute Meditation
It was April 2008, I was still married to my first husband at the time. I used to do daily 10-minute meditations to see if I would get a word from the Lord. If I heard something I would write it down and date it. I did not always get a word from the Lord, but I tried to make myself available just in case He had something to say. This particular day, I was sitting in the middle of the bed, and right before the microwave timer went off, I got a word.

“You shall be successful the second time around.”

I had no idea what that meant, but I wrote it down. The very next month in May 2008, my first husband and I split up and went our separate ways.

Now fast forward to the Fall of 2010. I ran into my now husband (Greg) while I was having lunch with my friend, Maria. He came over to our table and we chatted. He got my phone number and started calling me.

About two weeks later, I was driving down the road heading home from having lunch with Maria again. There he was again. He was standing on the sidewalk taking a cigarette break. I picked up the phone and called him. He said, “Come back! Turn around and come back!” So I did. We talked a long time. It was like old times again.

Greg and I used to live together back in the 1980s. We were both in our twenties, and cared about each other a lot, but we were not as mature as we needed to be, and could not seem to make it work out.

About a month later, I was meeting Maria at Ojeda’s Restaurant after work. I was sitting outside on a bench waiting for her, when guess who walks up? Greg! I couldn’t believe it. He was coming to meet friends of his too. We had run into each other 3 times in less than two months, at three different locations.

On February 27, 2012, the Lord reminded me of the word he gave me in April 2008. “You shall be successful the second time around.” I finally knew what He meant by that. It was in reference to me and Greg. It didn’t work out when we were in our twenties, but we shall have success this time around.

I am so thankful to the Lord for how He worked this out. Often, we are totally unaware of how God is leading us down the path of life. We are just trying to make it through each day. I thought Maria and I were just hooking up, but God was performing a hook up of His own.

Proverbs 16:9 (NLT) We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.

Thank God for my husband, this second time around.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove