Saturday, June 04, 2022

DIVINE DESTINY

Joseph's Divine Destiny

Joseph's Brothers Bowing To Him

Joseph's father, Israel, loved him more than all his other children, and his brothers hated him for that.

At the age of 17, Joseph had two dreams that foretold of his greatness. He arrogantly told both dreams to his brothers who already hated him, which caused them to hate him even more.

Genesis 37:6-7, 9 (NLT) “Listen to this dream,” Joseph said. “We were out in the field, tying up bundles of grain. Suddenly, my bundle stood up, and your bundles all gathered around and bowed low before mine!” Soon Joseph had another dream, and again he told his brothers about it. “Listen, I have had another dream,” he said. “The sun, moon, and eleven stars bowed low before me!”

The dreams were not about Joseph’s greatness, pride, and self-esteem. It was about God wanting to use this young man to save many people’s lives. That was Joseph’s divine destiny, not so that people could bow to his greatness, but so that he would be in a position as Prime Minister of Egypt to bring about the Sovereign God’s intended results, to save lives in a famine so severe, it would’ve wiped them out (Gen. 50:20).

We all have a divine destiny, but in so being, we are simply servants of the Most High. The calling is not so we can strut around with a halo over our heads, but instead remain surrendered and yielded to God’s will as vessels of honor, sanctified and suited for the Master’s use and prepared for every good work (2 Tim. 2:20-21).

So… if divine destiny happens to take you to great stages and big audiences, please remember Jesus’ words in Luke 17:10, “When you have done all those things which you are commanded to do, say to yourself, I am just an unprofitable servant, doing what is my duty to do.”

Psalm 16:2 (NKJV) O my soul, you have said to the LORD, “You are my Lord, my goodness is nothing apart from You.”

1 Corinthians 9:16 (NLT) Preaching the Good News is not something I can boast about. I am compelled by God to do it. How terrible for me (Paul) if I didn’t preach the Good News!

(To read Joseph’s full story, please go to Genesis chapters 37, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, and 50.)

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove