Monday, April 04, 2022

GOD'S STILL ON THE THRONE

Yesterday I was sitting on the front porch talking to my Heavenly Father...

"Daddy, one thing is for sure, Your thoughts and my thoughts are as far apart as heaven is from earth. For example, when the devil deceived Eve in the Garden of Eden and tempted them to eat the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, I would have committed the devil to hell right then and there. But he's still here wreaking havoc on earth... roaming about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. It is hard to figure some things out because I know You have the power to make him stop, yet You allow these things to continue. Maybe there was a conversation between You and Satan concerning Adam and Eve, that was similar to the conversation y'all had about Job. Then You removed the hedge that was around Job, and Satan was permitted to attack him. But I trust that You have a reason for all of this - something I cannot see nor understand at this time. Help us through these perilous times. Help my faith to remain rooted and grounded in You as a loving and compassionate God."

This morning I was scrolling through my Facebook feed and saw something I posted two years ago today from 1 Corinthians 13:

"For NOW we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, THEN that which is in part will be done away. For NOW we see in a mirror, dimly, but THEN face-to-face. NOW I know in part, but THEN I shall know just as I also am known. And NOW abide faith, hope, and love - these three; but the greatest of these is love."

Watch the news for 5 minutes and you will see that we are living in perilous times. Nevertheless, we have a loving Father that is still on the throne and in control of all things.

NOW we only see part of the story, but THEN we will understand it better by and by.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove