Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Be Wise in Discerning

For every tree is known by its own fruit.

My ex-husband and I traveled to Florida on our wedding anniversary and as we drove through the Florida panhandle, we saw a grove of lemon trees that were absolutely breathtaking. They cascaded up a hill on both sides of the freeway, for miles and miles. I just kept saying over and over, “Look at all those lemon trees.” It was amazing. On our way back home, I did the same thing.

The next year we went back again, and it was a repeat of the last time… just overwhelming. A few years passed and we went back a third time. This time as we drove pass the grove of trees, the voice of the Lord said to me quietly, “They’re not lemons.”

I squinted my eyes and focused, “Oh my God! Those are oranges!!” I had been fooled four times.

Jesus taught in Luke 6:44 that every tree is known by its own fruit, but I was misled because these oranges were not in season yet, and were more yellow than they were orange.

Sometimes what we think we see, is not really what it appears to be. What our eyes thinks it sees, might not be the real deal. Let us learn to lean on Holy Spirit to help us discern good and evil.

Matthew 7:1-2 (NLT) Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

Romans 16:19-20 (NKJV) For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore, I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove