Thursday, December 23, 2021

My Question to the Lord About Prayer

Search for Hope Series


Hope deferred makes the heart sick.
Search for Hope is a series of questions and answers between me and the Lord concerning my prayers. The Lord's answers are so profound that I want to share them with you. Here is question #1 in the series.

Heavenly Father, over the last few years I have continued to struggle with getting my prayers answered. My hope is fading because of the unmet expectations. I need You to explain what is going on because my hope is deferred and making my heart sick.

Here is the Lord's response.

Daughter, when you pray, you already have an idea of how you want Me to answer your petition. When I fail to meet that expectation, you get upset and frustrated, and this effects your faith. It is written, “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Because I don’t answer you in the manner you were expecting does not mean I have abandoned you. This is where We need to strengthen your faith. Remember in the story of Lazarus’s death, Martha said, “If You had been here, my brother would not have died.” Mary and Martha expected Me to come and heal Lazarus, but I lingered long enough for him to die and be buried four days. Then I saw Martha’s faith when she said, “But even now, I know that whatever You ask of God, He will give You.” Even when Lazarus had been in the grave four days, Martha said, “Even now.” When I don’t respond to your prayers in the way you wanted, please don’t assume it is an unanswered prayer. My thoughts and ways are not your thoughts and ways. If I don’t answer your prayer in the manner you expected, I want you to remember Mary and Martha. I raised Lazarus from the dead. Their prayers were answered, just not in the way they initially expected. I will never leave you, nor forsake you. Never… no never. Remember this always. I know that you are convinced of My power to do anything and that nothing is too hard for Me. If the need you are praying about is dire, I want you to remember Martha’s words, “Even now!” Because a bill is past due and you have a disconnect notice does not mean I cannot still work it out, even now! I love you daughter. Never forget that. Let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. I am your Good Shepherd.
Daddy