Sunday, November 07, 2021

Found By Them That Sought Me Not

My Baptism

Feb. 7, 1999... Ours is a rather large family, and had been invited to True Faith Church for a Sunday morning Celebration of Life service in loving memory of my deceased grandmother.

I had not attended church for many years but I was excited to go, and decided to attend again the next Sunday, and the Sunday after that, and again the Sunday after that. I seem to want more and more, so I began to attend weeknight services too.

Sometime during the Spring months I went down to the altar and gave my life to Christ, and officially joined as a member of the church.

Some years had past when I stumbled across Isaiah 65:1 which says, "I was sought by those who did not ask for Me, and I was found by those who did not seek Me." That is my testimony... He was sought and found even though I didn't know I was looking.

I was raised going to church my entire life but when I left home, I stopped having anything to do with the church and went about living life without God and was okay with that.

I didn't know at the time I was attending my grandmother's memorial service that God was drawing me all the time. I just kept feeling like I needed more.

Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJV) The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, with lovingkindness I have drawn you.

God drew me to Himself with cords of lovingkindness and I have never been the same since. To live life without God now would be intolerable and extremely heartbreaking.

One of my favorite pastimes is working jigsaw puzzles, and I finished one the other day that was by far the hardest puzzle I ever tackled. But all the time I sensed God right there nudging me not to give up on it, and helping me see pieces I was missing. He helped me fix a jigsaw puzzle. This is my life now. Even working puzzles is no longer the same. I'm never alone because He is always right there.

Someone sang a song, " Everyday with Jesus is sweeter than the day before."

Thank You for saving me Daddy.đź’–

To God be the glory.

Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove