Friday, October 29, 2021

Trials and Tribulations

Many years ago one of the ministers at church called me up to talk out our differences. I was the Adult Class Sunday School teacher. He and a couple of other brothers loved giving me a hard time by debating with me over the lesson. We hashed it out and cleared the air. But before we hung up he quoted me a Scripture out of the book of Jeremiah, that I was reminded of this morning.

"If you have run with the footmen, 🏃 and they have wearied you, then how can you contend with horses? 🐎 And if in the land of peace, in which you trusted, they wearied you, then how will you do in the floodplain of the Jordan?" Jer. 12:5 💖

If I am wearied by 3 brothers in a Sunday School class, how could I possibly manage the masses?

I recently asked the Lord if there was a better way to get from the pit to the palace (Joseph's Story) without going through a bunch of trials and tribulations. After much deliberation, I received the understanding that the only way to build spiritual muscle is to work them out. 💪💪

Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." Matt 16:24 💖

Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove