Thursday, January 28, 2021

Don't Bother Me

The song Lean on Me, fell in my spirit and I immediately began singing. Then I searched the internet for the lyrics and watched some videos on YouTube.

Sometimes I like to share songs on my Facebook page when a song is laying heavy on my heart. But I was leery about sharing this one. I thought, “Someone may see it and want me to do them a favor or something.” I felt convicted because I know what Jesus taught in the Sermon on the Mount.

Give to the one who asks you, and do not reject the one who wants to borrow from you. (Matthew 5:42 NET)

To deny the opportunity to help someone in need is selfish. There will be times when we don’t feel like being bothered. And we know there are those who will manipulate us if we let them… and take our kindness for weakness. Turn them over to the Lord.

I published a blogpost back in November called You Mean I Have To Love Everybody?

I’m quite embarrassed to say that the struggle continues that I described in that post. It is much easier to sing the lyrics, than it is to walk them out.

I confess once again that I keep coming up short in loving my neighbor as myself. I don’t want to grieve the Holy Spirit dwelling in me, and who is at work in me.

The Lord said to apostle Paul, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

We must trust the Holy Spirit to empower us to do what we cannot. Because where we are weak in human effort, the Lord makes up with His supernatural power. If our desire is to please God, Holy Spirit will provide the ability to accomplish it.

In those times when we really don’t feel like being bothered, He will instill His will because it is our desire to please Him. 

For I am sure of this very thing, that the one who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6 NET)

 Voice of the Dove, Dee Richardson