Sunday, December 13, 2020

He Knows My Name

I don’t remember what triggered the thought, but yesterday I said to the Lord, “When I get to the pearly gates, I don’t want You to have to lean over to the angel and ask him to remind You what my name is. I want to live my life down here so when You see me coming, You say, ‘Hey, here come Sugar Sweet!’”

I recall a passage in Matthew 7 where Jesus said, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’”

He said, “I NEVER knew you.” I don’t want to be that one He NEVER knew, and neither do I want to be the one the angel has to remind Him of my name.

When the prodigal son returned to his father, he saw his son coming from a long way off and ran out to meet him, fell on his neck, and kissed him. Now that’s what I’m talking about! 

Today I was watching videos while I cleaned the kitchen and a song came on by Tasha Cobbs Leonard called You Know My Name. She said, “Oh, how You walk with me, and oh how You talk with me, and oh how You tell me, I am Your own. You know my name.” 

He knows me! He knows my name! And when the time comes, He’ll gladly welcome me home.