Sunday, October 25, 2015

My Take On Facebook

The one thing that I love about Facebook is that I can jump on it and quickly get a word from the Lord through the multitude of ministries and Pages that I follow.

The problem used to be, there always seemed to be "junk" coming through my News Feed from the people that I was connected with on Facebook. Another problem was, they seemed equally as offended by my "junk" coming through their News Feed.

So... on June 22, 2015 I quit Facebook!!! And then I started a new Facebook.

The new Facebook does not accept Friend Requests (that's the way I set it up) and is totally for me and my entertainment only. It is my personal online diary, not to be confused with a social medium. I can share any and every thing that I want to on my page and no one is offended by my junk coming through their News Feed. If there is any feed coming through mine that I prefer not to see, I simply dislike the Page... problem solved. No one is offended. No love lost. No harm. No foul.

Facebook has a way, by its very nature, of destroying good relationships without the people themselves even trying. One misunderstood post is all it takes.

The wall of my Facebook page is a treasure trove of edifying and uplifting material that I reference on a regular. As much as I used to hate Facebook, I love it more now. When I finally began using it for the purpose that "I" want to use it for (not Facebook's prescribed purpose), it became an essential in my life.

So much of life is about people-pleasing... and to an extent that can be a good thing. Life should never be only about me, my four and no more. We are here to serve one another. But the constant people-pleasing, does not have to play the starring role in our lives.

I am sure that I offended some people by shutting down Facebook, but its okay! I put them in the good Lord's hands to help them get over being offended while I move on Facebooking happily ever after.

Who knows? One day, I may open it up to accepting Friend Requests, but for now, this is my delight.

Go in peace my friends.

Link To My Facebook Page