Sunday, September 13, 2015

I'm Lucy Pevensie?

Lucy Hiding In the Armoire
About To Discover Narnia
I was thinking about this temp job that I'm on right now and I said to myself, "I like the position and I like what I'm doing, I just don't like the company climate. It's like Narnia and it's Winter all the time and the White Witch is running things." And the Lord said back to me, "And you're Lucy Pevensie."

I was stunned into a long silence as I just let that soak in. "I'm Lucy Pevensie?"

Immediately, I went to YouTube and looked at a lot of Lucy Pevensie videos and paid close attention to her. One of the things that I remember about the movie, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe written by C.S. Lewis, was within in a few hours of the Pevensie kids coming to Narnia, the endless Winter dissolved into a beautiful Spring and Aslan (the Lion King and creator of Narnia) visits Narnia after a long absence.

Lucy Pevensie discovered the land of Narnia quite by accident when she and her siblings were playing hide and seek and she hid in an armoire which opened up to the woods of Narnia where she met and befriended a Faun named Mr. Tumnus.

Jesus said that we are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Jesus is the light that shines through us into a darkened world and brings His light into it. And like Mr. Tumnus was transformed by his friendship with Lucy, others can be transformed by their connection to us.

While the Pevensie children were fleeing from the White Witch, they ran into Father Christmas who had not been seen in Narnia for a hundred years. He gave them each weapons they would use to defeat the White Witch.

There had been a prophecy that said when two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve sat upon the four thrones at Cair Paravel, all of Narnia would be put right and the White Witch's life and her reign over Narnia would come to an end.

There had not been Christmas in Narnia for a long time but Father Christmas said that the hope the Pevensie children had brought to Narnia had begun to weakened the White Witch's power. He gave Lucy a small sword and she questioned that she could be brave enough to use it.

I love that song lyric by Matthew West called Strong Enough. He says, "I know I'm not strong enough to be everything that I'm supposed to be. I give up. I'm not strong enough. Hands of mercy won't You cover me. Lord right now I'm asking You to be strong enough for the both of us."

After the children crossed the Frozen River (which reminded me of the Red Sea crossing and Pharoah's army drowning), Mrs. Beaver said, "I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore." The river was thawed out and flowing and the trees began to bud pretty flowers and the snow began to melt off the ground and the children hung their coats on tree branches because they were no longer needed.

So Lucy Pevensie finding her way into that armoire was the beginning of Narnia's deliverance.

I'm also reminded of Joseph's presence and influence at Potiphar's house.

Gen. 39:2-5 The Lord was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. And his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord made all he did to prosper in his hand. So Joseph found favor in his sight, and served him. Then he made him overseer of his house, and all that he had he put under his authority. So it was, from the time that he had made him overseer of his house and all that he had, that the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the Lord was on all that he had in the house and in the field.

Maya Angelou had a sudden revelation one day, she said, “There was a possibility that God really did love me, me Maya Angelou. I suddenly began to cry at the gravity and grandeur of it all. I knew that if God loved me, then I could do wonderful things, I could try great things, learn anything, achieve anything. For what could stand against me, since one person, with God, constitute the majority?”

I love that revelation because it says that I can be Lucy Pevensie. I can be brave and strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. It says to me that I can be all that He has called me to be. It says to me that one person with God can make a BIG difference. So I think about this temp job and I say as David against Goliath, "Who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?" I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

Yes! I AM Lucy Pevensie.

Go in peace.