Monday, July 20, 2015

Draw Near To God

But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Thy works. (Ps 73:28)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I love the Lord with all my heart and soul. I probably worry more than I should about offending Him. I want to be a dear child. I want my light to shine. I want Him to be honored by my conduct. The problem is, as the apostle puts it, I have not already attained nor am I already perfected (Phil 3:12).

There are days when I struggle with forgiveness. My mind says I forgive, but my heart is struggling to buy into it. The Lord saw my struggle and He sent me a love letter. He said, "My child, draw near to Me and I will draw near to you." (James 4:8)

When Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, and God came looking for them in the cool of the day, they hid their nakedness from the presence of the Lord God among the trees (Gen. 3:8). God knows our hearts. He knows when we are sincere and He knows when we are pretending. Jesus said of the scribes and Pharisees, ‘These people draw near to God with their mouth, and honor Him with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him" (Matt. 15:8).

"Believe what I say about you," Father God says, "And I say those who belong to My Son are not condemned, according to Romans 8:1."

When you feel as though you have let God down don't shy away, draw near to Him. Don't hide amongst the trees as Adam and Eve did, run into His arms. James 4:10 says,"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."


Jesus said, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” (Matt. 11:28-30)
Go in peace.