Monday, September 30, 2024

HAVING COFFEE WITH JESUS

For a long, long time, I have wished that the Lord and I could meet up at Starbucks and have coffee together. Then, I could ask Him all my questions and get direct feedback without having to use spiritual discernment to guess at what He might be saying back to me.

Recently, I ran across John 4:24 that says, “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.” The first thing I said was, “Well… looks like we’re not gonna be meeting up at Starbucks for that face-to-face.”

Our relationship with Heavenly Father is spiritual, unlike our relationship with one another where we can see, hear, and touch each other.

But we can still grow in our relationship with Heavenly Father, much like we do with each other. Jesus said the sheep follow the Shepherd and know His voice (John 10:4). When we have been trained to discern His voice, we are able to distinguish what is Him, and what's not Him (Heb 5:14). In the same way that I have come to know my husband's voice, even if he's not in the same room with me, we can learn to discern the voice of God.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. If you seek Him, He will be found by you as One hiding out in the open, wanting to be found.

Jeremiah 29:13 (NKJV) You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove